Welcome to the Superior Court of Humboldt County.

Home of the Redwoods


Posted March 20, 2020

Humboldt Court information regarding COVID-19

Due to emergency court closure, all court hearings that were scheduled for March 17 – 20, 2020 have been rescheduled. Notice of the new hearing date will be sent to you or your attorney. Please do not call County offices for information.

For the safety of our court users, staff, and community, and at the recommendation of state and local officials and the centers for disease control, the court is significantly reducing operations that require gatherings of people. Please refer back to this website for the most current information.

Press Release – Court Closure

Press Release – Addendum Order

Press Release – Court Operations


Press Release - Cancellation of Jurors for March 16, 2020

Jury Duty status can be checked online at https://jury.humboldt.courts.ca.gov/login, by texting (707) 204-0473, or by calling our Jury Services office at (707) 269-1270. If you are ill, please do not appear for Jury Service and instead utilize one of the above options to reschedule your appearance.

Traffic payments may be made online 24-7 at http://payments.humboldt.courts.ca.gov/

Chief Justice Issues Statement on Emergency Response in California Courts

Press Release – Humboldt County Sheriff’s OfficePress Release – Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office

Governor Newsom Takes Executive Action to Establish a Statewide Moratorium on Evictions

Special Announcement

Posted March 26, 2020

Public Hearings

Department 1

Department 5

Department 7

This public access broadcast cannot be reproduced or re-broadcast without the express written approval of Humboldt Superior Court. 

Court News & Notices

Posted November 22, 2019
Notice of Fee Changes
2020 Civil Fee Schedule

Updated August 14, 2019
FY19-20 Budget

Updated May 16, 2019
Employment Opportunities

Updated April 25, 2019
Superior Court Seeks Applicants for The Civil Grand Jury

Effective January 1, 2019
2019 Court Schedule

Effective January 1, 2020
2020 Felony Bail Schedule

Effective January 1, 2020
2020 Uniform Bail and Penalty Schedule

Effective January 1, 2019
2019 Local Rules

Effective January 1, 2019
2019 Calendaring Chart

Effective April 24, 2017
Ex Parte Hearing Schedule (Local Rule 2.9)

Take Our Survey

How Are We Doing?

Let us know by completing our Strategic Planning Customer Survey .

Locations & Contact Information

Humboldt County Courthouse
825 Fifth Street, Eureka, CA 95501

Clerk’s Office: Case Inquiries, Filing, or Payment Questions
421 “I” Street, Eureka, CA 95501
Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. 
Phone: (707) 445-7256


Info By Division


Adoptions are filed at the Family Court Operations office window located at the 421 I Street entrance of the courthouse. Visit our Adoption section for information about adoption of either minors or adults.


A non-prevailing party in a case may ask a higher court to review the decision in their case and determine if the decision was correct.

Civil Division

The Civil Division of the court handles cases where one party sues another to recover money or property, enforce a contract, collect damages, or protect civil rights. Petitions to change names and various writs are also handled by the Civil Division.


A criminal case is a proceeding in which someone is charged with a public offense (i.e., with committing a crime), evidence is presented on both sides, and a decision is made as to the person's guilt.

Family Law

Family Court Services serves parties who need to file for Dissolution, Separation or Nullity of Marriage; Establishment of Parental Relationship, Petitions for Custody and Support, Motions for Child Custody, Support, or Visitation, Support Enforcement, Guardianship of Minors, Adoption, or who seek protection from Domestic Violence, Civil Harassment, Workplace Violence or Elder Abuse.


Guardianship is a court proceeding in which a judge gives someone who is not the parent custody of a child, or the power to manage the child's property (called "estate"), or both.

The Civil Self-Help Center can assist you with completing the paperwork to ask the court for Guardianship of the Person of a minor child


Juvenile Delinquency cases are located at the Family Court Services window located at the 421 I Street entrance of the courthouse. Juvenile Delinquency cases, as defined under Welfare and Institutions, involve any persons under the age of 18 (minors) who are accused of violations of any law of the state or of the United States, or minors who are habitually disobedient or truant.

Probate & Conservatorship

Probate and Conservatorship matters address a person’s finances upon death or the care of an adult person that is unable to care for themselves or their finances. Probate cases address a person’s estate, resolve debts, and distribute the remaining property/monies to heirs or beneficiaries. Conservatorship cases appoint caregivers to care for a person and their finances.

Small Claims & Unlawful Detainers

Small claims cases are lawsuits that do not exceed $10,000 and are resolved quickly and inexpensively with relatively simple and informal rules.

An unlawful detainer matter is a case in which a landlord seeks to evict a tenant.


The Traffic Division handles only Infraction matters for Traffic violations, Fish & Game violations, local city and county ordinances, boating, and dog/animal citations. Note: driving under the influence (DUI) violations are handled through the Criminal Division.

Our Mission

The mission of Superior Court of California, County of Humboldt is to provide for the resolution of disputes and enforcement of our laws in a manner appropriate to the needs of our community and society.